Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Some Food

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so that's why I didn't post yesterday, but I'm here today.

Nothing really interesting has happened in the time since I posted last and I'm not in the mood to draw a topic from a hat or anything tonight so I'm just going to throw  up a picture and recipe of some granola bars that I made today.


Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups puffed rice cereal
1 cup nuts of choice (I used a mix of almonds, peanuts, and pistachios)
1/2 cup dried fruit of choice (I used cranberries)
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 ounces chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)

Combine the oats, rice cereal, dried fruit, and nuts in a large bowl; set aside.

Melt butter, honey, brown sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a rapid boil and cook 1-2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla extract (be careful, mixture will sputter).

Pour hot syrup over the oat mixture and stir to combine.  Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for 5 minutes then stir in chocolate.  Press mixture firmly into a parchment-lined 8" square baking pan with a spatula.  Transfer to freezer for 10 minutes or until set.  Cut into 18 bars.

Store granola bars in sealed container for up to 5 days or in freezer for a month


This is a recipe that I found on Pinterest although I did alter it slightly.  I thought they were really good and my little sister and I had a really hard time not eating them all right away.  They were really easy to make too, especially since usually granola bars are baked and stuff so these whipped up really fast.

I'm going to try to get myself onto a writing schedule for this again, but we all know how those have gone in the past so I can't guarantee anything.  We'll see what happens.

Well, see you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment