Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Warned You That I Like Yaoi

So, it's day three and I want to make sure that I make a post.  It's late and I just got home from work; so, I'm not really in the mood to do this, but I made a goal to make a post every day for a week and I am sticking to it.  So, as the title of this post suggests I am going to talk about yaoi because I love it and that's what I'm in the mood to talk about.

Now, what about yaoi do I want to talk about specifically...?

How about some favorite pairings?  Alright, let's go with that.

So, as I mentioned before, some of my favorite series are:  Tiger & Bunny, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Blue Exorcist, and Durarara.  So, I'll start with my favorite pairings from those.

Tiger & Bunny:  My all time favorite pairing from that would have to be - cliche as it is - Kotetsu and Barnaby (the Tiger and Bunny that the show is named after).  I would also consider this pairing my OTP, or "one true pairing," which is a way we fans refer to our top favorite pairing, basically.  I enjoy this pairing immensely just because the characters are so cute together; also, it pleases me to know that the pairing is actually slightly cannon (meaning true to the actual series and not something that the fans made up because they enjoy it) because the creators of the series themselves have actually admitted that there is more than just friendship between the two of them.

Another pairing that I enjoy from Tiger & Bunny would me Keith (Sky High)/Ivan (Origami Cyclone); unlike Barnaby/Kotetsu this pairing is not even slightly cannon, but I enjoy it anyway.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:  Seeing as I'm a yaoi fan (their are only two het - heterosexual - pairings that I like even a little bit) and there are only two important male characters in this series, I'm sure that if you're familiar with it it's not hard to figure out who I ship.  My favorite pairing from this series is Itsuki/Kyon.  Before I was introduced to the wonderfulness that is Tiger & Bunny, Itsuki/Kyon was actually my OTP.  I adore this pairing despite my friends insisting that there's no way it would ever work; they just don't believe hard enough... Anyway...

Blue Exorcist:  This series contains the one pairing that I am the most ashamed of for adoring.  It's a horrible pairing that no one should like, but at the same time I can't stop.  Now because of how ashamed I am for liking it I'm not going to talk about it further, although I'm sure that if you're familiar with the series you'll probably figure it out.

Pairings that I am willing to talk about from the series that I like are Shima/Rin and Bon/Rin.  Yeah, I ship Rin with a couple different people and he is very much an uke - bottom.  Out of the two of them I prefer Shima/Rin because Shima is a character that I really enjoy.  Bon/Rin is cute though too because in the series Bon and Rin are basically rivals in the beginning, but then they slowly start to become friends and care about each other.

Durarara:  My favorite character from Durarara is Mikado and as such I actually ship him with two different people.  Mikado is my favorite character and Masaomi is my second favorite, but despite this my first favorite pairing actually involves Mikado being with my third favorite character, Izaya.  So, my favorite pairing from the series is Izaya/Mikado and my second favorite is Masaomi/Mikado; another guilty pleasure pairing of mine is the horrible threesome of Izaya/Masaomi/Mikado, but we won't go too far into that.  Durarara is also the series that contains one of the two het pairings that I'm alright with; in fact, not only am I alright with it, I actually really enjoy it.  That pairing is Shinra/Celty; they are just so wonderfully cute I can't stop loving them.

Well, I think that that's all for today.  I know it's random and no one cares or wants to know, but at least I made a post, right?

Three down, four to go.
See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment