Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Pizza Station

Hello again people; I'm still here... Yeah... I'm just going to leave it at that

I can't remember if I brought this up in a previous post (and I'm far to lazy and tired right now to go back and look), but I'm currently in a class called Cafe 1 where basically we work in the Culinary Cafe's kitchen as the line-cooks.  It's cool, but it's also pretty stressful, especially for someone like me who is only taking this class because I need for the AA and I don't plan on - and know I can't handle the stress of - ever working on the line in a restaurant.

Anyway, today - and for the rest of this week - I am on the pizza station.  I was really nervous about it this morning because I've never used the brick oven and getting everything prepped in time was a little stressful, but I think I did pretty well.

We had some beautiful pizzas on the menu today (I wish they would let us take pictures in class...); the one that sold the must had some gorgeous heirloom tomatoes on it with basil and fresh mozzarella.

Last week I had soup station and so far I think - prep wise - pizza station is actually a little easier.  Service wise, soup station was easier, but only because I was moved up to front house expo where I basically just stood there and got to tell other people what to do.

Well, not much else to say tonight.

I might update everyone on where I am in the anime world tomorrow, but I might pick another topic depending on my mood.  (Of course, knowing me I probably won't post anything...)

Anyway, until tomorr- next time...
Yeah... that...

No comments:

Post a Comment