Monday, September 29, 2014

Now Let's Really Talk About Some Swimming Boys

So, as I've been promising; I'm finally going to talk about Free! today. Fortunately my heart has had a little time to recover from what it did to me ( I finally understand why everyone of archiveallourown.com calls it Eternal Cryfest). I don't want to spoil anything for anyone (not that there's anyone to spoil it for, but...) so, instead of talking about the ending I am going to talk about my favorite character and why he should be yours too:

Makoto Tachibana.  He just makes my heart melt (in the if-I-were-straight-and-he-was-real-and-not-totally-in-love-with-Haru-I-would-maybe-consider-dating-him-but-really-I-just-want-him-to-be-my-gay-best-friend kind of way). He's just so swear and adorable! I want to hug him 102% of the time. I mean who wouldn't want him to be their friend? I love him so much (as much as a fan girl can love a fictional character - which is a lot by the way)! In fact... I think he may have surpassed my previous favorite anime character of all time... (it's been the same since high school... 6 years ago...) yeah... I think that Makoto has officially replaced Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiay as number one... Wow... Way to go Makoto.

Now as a Makoto fan (and from the fan fiction that I posted yesterday...) I'm sure you can guess what pairing I root for in the love triangle that is Makoto, Haru, and Rin (and yeah that's totally cannon). I'm sorry Rin, but Makoto deserves Haru WAY more than you do.  Makoto has been with Haru through everything no matter what. Sigh... I'll stop now or else I'm just going to start ranting... Yeah... MakoHaru is totally my new OTP, it beat out Barnaby/Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny. I also find it interesting that MakoHaru is one of the only (actually I'm pretty sure it's THE only) pairings that I ship either way; usually I have a distinct uke and seme in my pairings, but MakoHaru is the first one that I'll reverse (although I do have a strong preference for Makoto as the uke - which there is not enough of!)

Anyway... I know there's a lot more to talk about, but... I think I'm going to leave it there for today...

I'll talk to yo all about... something tomorrow...
(I've been using "..." a lot today...)

No comments:

Post a Comment