Saturday, July 12, 2014

Let's Talk About The Week

Hello everyone!  Second day in a row, at least I haven't just dropped off after only one post again...

I said yesterday that I want to talk a little about my day every time I post and I do, but since today is also the day that I was planning on doing my weekly-run-down-type thing, I'll just go ahead and talk about my day when I get to Saturday.

So, onto my week.

Sunday, July 6th
Barnaby and Kotetsu - Tiger & Bunny
Tharja - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Some cosplayers from AX
Blue Rose - Tiger & Bunny



On Sunday I was actually in LA; my family and I were there for Anime Expo 2014.  It was the last day of the con and it was actually the first time that I'd ever been to a convention (I've been to six over five years) and not been in cosplay (I'm a huge cosplayer - and by huge I don't mean that I'm really good and well known or anything, I just mean that I'm really into it).  I got to see the first two episodes of the second season of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club.  That was pretty exciting too because we actually got to see the second episode before it premiered in Japan.  I also went to the first ever classical concert at Anime Expo, rePLAY: Symphony of Hero's.  That was really amazing; so beautiful.  It was a 70 piece orchestra plus 20 voice choir preforming song from video games such as: Portal, Halo, World of Warcraft, and many others.  It was really great.

Monday, July 7th
Our Car...

Monday I got to spend most of the day in our car.  We had started driving back home from the convention (usually a six hour drive), but we knew that traffic was going to be awful (if we had decided to just drive straight home it was going to take 10 hours - we did that last year), so instead we just drove into Bakersfield and stayed in a motel there for the night before leaving again on Monday morning.  So, yeah, Monday was pretty boring.  Once we did get home I just took a nap.

Tuesday, July 8th
Not much happened Tuesday either; since we'd just spent a week in LA, and I hadn't gotten much sleep  during this time, I was pretty tired and so I decided to sleep and laze about the house most of this day too.

Wednesday, July 9th


My friends birthday was on Wednesday and so (because I was going to see her the net day) I spent the day making cookies to give to her and my other friend who's birthday was on the 7th.  I wasn't quite sure which kinds of cookies they liked so I just made four different kinds.  I made strawberry shortcake cookies, sand dollar cookies, raspberry sandwich cookies, and banana, chocolate chip biscotti.  It took all day, but it was fun.  I love baking!

Thursday, July 10th
Attack on Titan Cosplay Cape I bought at AX
This is just what I decided to take a picture of that day
Thursday was my first day back to work after being gone for nearly two weeks.  It was a short day though, so it wasn't bad.  After work I went and hung out with friends since we were celebrating two birthdays.  We went to too different restaurants for drinks (we all only had two drinks each though, one at each place).  Then the birthday girl decided she was tired so we dropped her off at home and then I went over to Jessica's and we played Rock Band, because we're cool like that.

Friday. July 11th
    
My Manga Tarot Deck
The cards a pulled for my reading that day
I stated this blog up again!  I also started back up on HabitRPG - I had logged off for a little while for Anime Expo.  I had work, I wrote some fan fiction, I lazed about, not much interesting happened.

Saturday, July 12th (also known as today)
My foot is there for scale


Do any of you (not that there are any of you) remember that blanket that I was making last year, well, one of the tarot readings that I did for today said that I should work on a project that I had been putting off so I pulled it out and finished it this morning.  I also went into the city (San Francisco) with my family to look at fabric stores, we also stopped and had dinner at a Chinese place and I tried frog for the first time...  Today is also a "super" moon.

That's my week in a nutshell.

Tarot reading 7/12/2014
1) What should I do today - II-The High Priestess
* The High Priestess talks about undeveloped talents and creative ability so I should use those/work on those today.
2) What I shouldn't do today - XII-The Hanged Man
* I need to not allow myself to get stuck - I need to keep moving forward, no time to stand still today.
3) Unexpected - V-The Heirophant
* Religion or education... I may work on my own religion today (I've been studying witchcraft - don't consider myself one yet, but I'm working towards it) or maybe I'll run into someone who is religious.  Could be talking about education instead though, maybe something about the upcoming school semester will come up.
4) Theme of the day - 5 of Cups
* I may feel down today and there's a chance I might lose something.
5) Advice - King of Coins
* I need to be practical and I might want to start something new today.

So, I did do something creative, again my tarot reading is actually why a dragged out and finished that blanket, so that was fun.  I tried not to allow myself to sit and do nothing today so that's good to.  I haven't dealt with anything that has to do with religion or education though... so I'm not sure what that was talking about... Fortunately I didn't/haven't lost anything, but I did start feeling a little down once we got home from the city because things didn't quite go as planned there, but it wasn't too bad.  Unfortunately I didn't quite head the advice of being practical or starting something new today...

I think that starting tomorrow I may post my tarot readings in the morning and then make my "official" post - the one about my day and the topic of the day - at night and then talk about how the reading related to my day in that.  I think that might make more sense...

Alright, well, there you go.

I plan on talking about Anime Expo more in depth eventually, but I'm pretty sure this post is already long enough... Maybe I'll talking about it tomorrow... Yeah... I can make that count as talking about myself... or maybe I'll just wait until Tuesday...

2 down, 5 to go.
Let's keep this going Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment