Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Post of Many Words - Anime Expo 2014 Part 1

Hey there imaginary people!
Today was pretty uneventful, I had work and then I spent most of the rest of my day playing Tomodachi Life on my 3DS.  I made some pretty good pasta for dinner; just noddles a bag of frozen veggies, and some bechamel sauce sauce that I made.

Anyway, today us Sunday, meaning it's Talk-About-Myself Day.  So, today I will talk about one of my favorite things:  Anime Expo.

So, the 3rd through the 6th of July this year was Anime Expo 2014 and - like every year - I went with my family - although this is the first year that my mom actually came to the con with us and didn't just relax/hide in the hotel room.

We actually headed down to LA early the morning of June 30th and we arrived in Anaheim at about 11 or so, where my little sister and I spent the day at California Adventures.  She had to lead me around everywhere because sh'e been fifty-thousand times and the last time I went was for my 16th birthday.  Skye and I had a really great time, we went on a few rides and just walked around a lot.  Around 5 or so our mom and Sean joined as and we saw the Aladdin show they have there - I've seen it a bunch, but I love it - and then to eat dinner before we all went back to the hotel together.

On the 1st Skye and I went to Disney Land and Sean came with us this time.  We went on more rides and the kids - I hate roller coasters so I found a bench near the exit and waited for them - went on Thunder Mountain.  Mom wasn't able to join us for dinner that night because she was busy at the hotel getting last minute things done for Anime Expo, so the three of us ate at a little Pinocchio themed restaurant before calling mom and having her pick us up.

Wednesday was Day 0 of the convention which is basically just a chance for people who have pre-registered for the con to get there tickets if they want without having to stand in line on Day 1 and miss parts of the con.  So, I woke up at 5 that day, got dressed in my cosplay - I went as a female version of Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist - and then at about 6:30 my mom drove me over to the convention center.  I arrived a little before 7:30 to get in line.  Things were weird though because apparently people had tried to spend the night at the convention center - you known, camping out before the big event, but they weren't allowing that this year and so instead the people who got there the night before decided to line up on the other side of the street.  It was a little confusing when I first got there, but only about ten minutes after I arrived they moved the line back to were it usually was.  I then got to sit in line for 7 hours because the line didn't start moving until 3 - this was planned, I knew what I was getting myself into.  It wasn't too bad though because I made some friends in line while we all waited.  At 3 my mom, Sean, and Skye joined me in the line because they needed to be there to register for their badges too, I was just saving our spot.  Unfortunately there were some technical difficulties so the line didn't actually start moving until about 4-4:30.  After that though it went pretty fast.

Day 1 I arrived at the con at a little after 9.  I was cosplaying as a female version of Seto Kaiba from Yugioh, Skye was a female Mokubah Kaiba, and Sean went as Steve from Minecraft.  The first thing that we did when we got to the convention was go to peacebonding because this was the first time we had brought a prop weapon to the con - it was a "diamond sword" for Sean's Steve costume.  We then just walked around and looked at all the epic cosplay.  At none our mom joined us and we went to a funny little panel called "Don't Panic: A Parent's Guide to AX."  It was just a silly little thing that I said my mom needed to go to and we were glad we did because it wasn't a very popular panel and so we won one of the prizes when they did a raffle at the end - I chose Spirited Away.  After that my mom went off to a few cosplay panels while Sean, Skye, and I went to the "Abridged Series Panel."  We got to see the newest episode of Yugioh the Abridged and 50% Off - which is a Free! Iwatobi Swim Club abridged series.  That was really fun.  Then we met up with my mom who was watching Blue Exorcist in one of the screening rooms (her first anime, I'm so proud) and discussed further plans.  Around 8 they all went back to the hotel and I met up with a friend of mine to go see the AMV competition.  It was really good, there were some fun ones.  Fortunately my mom was kind enough to come back and pick me up when it ended at midnight...

Well...  Seeing as I've already typed a lot and I still have three more days to talk about I think I'm going to leave it there for the night and talk about the rest of the con tomorrow.  Sound good?  Well, too bad.

So... on to talking about my tarot reading...
Alright, I didn't really head it at all!  Yay! ...  I was supposed to be productive and all I was laze about playing video games... Cool...  Well, I guess that all I have to say to that...

Well, I'll see you all tomorrow.
Or not because I can't actually see you...
3 down, 4 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment