Monday, October 13, 2014

CCC Final and Demons

So, I still haven't drawn from that list - and I haven't posted for the last couple of days... but, oh well; I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  I should hopefully be drawing from the list tomorrow because I don't have anything interesting planned - but I'm not making any promises.

I had my Cookies, Candies, and Confections final today.  We made mignardises - a plate that consists of a collection of cookies and candies served at the end of a meal free of charge (served at super expensive restaurants where you most likely spent $200 or more per person... yikes!).  I made raspberry macaroons with a chocolate mousse filling, raspberry pate de fruit, creme caramels, coconut marshmallows, and cinnamon-hazelnut truffles.

I had a lot of trouble in class today... First when I piped the marshmallows I forgot to spray the pan... fortunately my teacher caught me in time and I was able to re-pipe them - although they had started to set so they came out kind of lumpy the second time, but we covered them in coconut and they looked pretty nice.  Then I had to barrow tempered chocolate from another team because mine was behind and we weren't able to get to it...  Our team was also supposed to make marzipan candy and coconut sushi, but we were so behind that we didn't get to it either... yeah... I was pretty stressed...

Anyway... enough about class...  I finally, officially caught up with Supernatural meaning I'll be watching the new episode tomorrow with all the other fans who have dedicated years of their lives to the series... where as I have only been watching for a few mere months... My favorite character is Charlie (d- definitely not because I may have a teensy-weensy crush on her... no... n- not at all...); if I had to pick from the more regular characters though, it would be Dean (WHY DEAN?! WHY?!) because he has adorable moments (the episodes where he gets "ghost sickness" and when he "mind-melds" with that dog are some of my favorites), yet is a "tough-guy" character, which just makes his adorable moments even more adorable.

Well, not much else today, super tired from class... Going to be early.  I should be on tomorrow.

See you then.
Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment