Sunday, October 5, 2014

Apologies And Religion Talk

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - I took a lazy day, meaning that, unlike most days where I do everything else I plan to do and just forget/get too tired to blog, yesterday I just lazed around the house and did nothing... I am not ashamed!  Okay, maybe I am a little...  Anyway this means that I missed my weekly recap, but there weren't going to be any pictures or anything yet so it wasn't going to be very exciting anyway.

So, today I am going to talk about my practice.  I know that I said I was going to draw/use a random number generator to pick what I talk about each day, but I forgot to draw this morning and so I just decided that this was a good topic for today (I have to do my drawings in the morning because one of them is baking and if I draw that - on a day that isn't Monday or Friday - I have to plan to bake something sometime during the day).

My practice: I am a wannabe witch.  I don't consider myself to be one yet (I believe that you have to officially declare yourself as one in a private - or social - ritual), but I've been studying magic.  I am a pagan - not a Wiccan. I believe in multiple gods and goddesses as opposed to one goddess that takes on many different forms.  My patron goddess is Ma'at, the ancient Egyptian goddess of truth, and balance and my patron god is Thoth, the ancient Egyptian god of wisdom - also scribe of the gods.  I don't just worship the Egyptian pantheon though, one example in particular is that I worship Gia as the goddess of the Earth (as opposed the Egyptian god Geb - mostly due to the fact that I believe the Earth is feminine and Geb being a god...).  I do mostly stick to the Egyptian deities though...

Alright, well... I think that's everything.  I may not draw tomorrow either and talk about what I do in class, but we'll see about that then...

Until next time
(I hope being a wannabe witch doesn't scare anyone away...)

No comments:

Post a Comment