Friday, October 17, 2014

Chocolate Techniques and Toradora

Hey! Sorry I missed the last two days; I was being lazy...  Anyway, today I started my Chocolate Techniques class.  The chef for that class is so funny; I think I'm going to have a really good time.  She's really enthusiastic and cute (as in behavior wise - I'm not attracted to her...) and I'm really looking forward to the next eight weeks.  We made brownies - sounds super difficult, right?  We have six teams in class and each team was told to make the same exact brownie recipe, but we all had a different coco powder.  It was really interested to see that just changing that tiny little thing many a pretty big difference in, not only taste, but the color and textures of the brownies too.  We also made a bunch of different ganache, but that wasn't very exciting.

Alright, so last time I drew from my list of topics and ended up drawing anime, so since I didn't post the day after like I was supposed to I figured I'd just talk about that today.  Today's anime is Toradora - since I just finished it last night...
I've been meaning to watch this anime for years now and so finally about a week ago I started it, watched eight episode and then watched the rest (17) yesterday.  I thought it was really cute; I'm not usually the biggest fan of heterosexual romance anime (or anything really... only because if I'm going to watch somethings that's strictly romance I'd rather it be a pairing that appeals to me ((although that doesn't really explain why I'm so into Yaoi...))), but it had the two components that I typically need in order to enjoy this genera; comedy - has to be super funny and this succeeded - and characters that are easy to slash (put in Yaoi/Yuri pairings with each other) so that I can secretly ship them instead of the "canon" pairing in the series.  And seeing as this series had several potential Yuri pairings and a pretty easy-to-ship Yaoi pairing too, it worked out pretty well.  Although I'll admit that I kind of liked the relationship between Ryuji and Taiga... even though I do slightly prefer the idea of Minori with Taiga instead... I liked all of the characters in this series... If I had to pick a least it would probably be Ami... but I didn't hate he either... My favorite character was Ryuji, cause apparently I'm a sucker for main characters... also I loved his whole looks-really-tough-and-intimidating-but-is-really-a-nice-sweet-guy thing.  I think Taiga and Minori were tied for second favorite; I really liked both of them.  Kitamora... I had a little trouble with him, only because I watched it in English (yeah, sue me; I have a reading disability and it just makes things easier - also I believe that dubbing has gotten a lot better in the last couple of years and actually enjoy it so :p. Yeah, I love subbed stuff as much as the next otaku, but I hate how cranky people get when it comes to dubbed stuff...) and he's voice by Johnny Yong Bosch, which I guess I just didn't think fit him very well so I couldn't take him seriously - not that I necessarily think that he's a character your supposed to take seriously...  Yeah... I think that's enough about that...

I'll go over the stuff my families been doing tomorrow only because this is getting long and I have other stuff I have to do...

My topic for tomorrow is "myself..." oh... yay....  We'll see what I come up with to talk about for that...

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment