Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sigh... So I Have To Talk About Myself Now...

As promised... Myself...  Is it okay if I cheat?  You say it is?  Why, thank you!

I'm just going to give a vague rambling of a few things about myself and then I'm going to move on to things I actually am interested in talking about...

So... A few things that you guys probably don't even care to know about Cali:
Favorite color: Purple - if you can't tell by my blog theme...
Favorite... voice actor (might as well since I'm an Otaku...): Daisuke Ono - Japanese and Crispin Freemen - English
Favorite anime: Currently Free! - I just recently realized that it's replaced Tiger & Bunny...
OTP: Haru/Makoto - from Free! also just realized that they bumped out Barnaby and Kotetsu...
Favorite... book...: I... have no idea... I really like Dan Brown's stuff... I love light novels, I'm currently reading The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya part 1 which is the second to last book in the series and then after that I plan on starting No. 6 again... and then - if I can FIND it somewhere - I plan on reading the Durarara light novels because I NEED to know what happens.
Favorite... artist: DaVinci...
Favorite musical artist: ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D - Japanese and Vertical Horizon - English although Mariana's Trench is quickly gaining some headway... also I really like UVERworld, Neon Trees, Kalafina, the Vocaloids, Imagine Dragons, Cartel, and... Relient K... yeah I think that's enough...
Favorite mangaka: Hinako Takanaga - yaoi mangaka of course...
Favorite american TV shows: Supernatural, Cupcake Wars, Law and Order: SVU... I think that's basically all I watch... usually if I have the TV on it's on Food Network...
Favorite thing that I've ever baked: I made this really cool layered pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving last year; I was really proud of it - last year was also the first time that I was asked to provide the desert for the big family dinner that we have every year so I was honored (although it makes sense that I was asked... I mean I am going to school for that kind of stuff...)
Favorite food: Sushi - like a typical otaku... and also like a typical otaku I really LOVE takoyaki - octopus (I apologize to you my precious spirit animal, it's just... so... delicisious...) dumplings.
Favorite animal: Sheep! (also my number one spirit animal!)

Alright... I think that's enough for now...

So I said I was going to quickly talk about what my families been doing for our movie nights again.  On Wednesday we watched Casper and I made meringues shaped like ghosts and then a Shepard's pie with mash potato ghost on top.  We haven't done anything else since then due to the fact that Thursday afternoon my mom, Sean, and Skye left for Disney Land for the weekend and won't be back until late tomorrow night.  Meaning we probably won't be watching anymore movies until Monday, but I'll be sure to let you know about those.

Today I decided to start a few new anime series.  Crunchyroll recently started the fall season line up and so I decided to be adventurous and give every new series a try - they're all only 2-4 episodes in so far so it's not that big a deal.  I've only gotten through four of them so far (because I decided that I had to catch up on RWBY first and i was pretty behind on that...).

I watched I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying first and... yeah I don't plan on continuing that one... it was just too weird and I didn't like a lot of the perverted jokes/references they made... not my thing...

I then watched Parasyte -the maxim- which I didn't think I was going to like, but it actually seems really interesting.  It's really weird and kind of creepy and gross sometimes, but it's really intriguing so as of now I think I'm going to keep watching it.

Next up was Bonjour(insert music-note-that-I-can't-seem-to-insert-properly here)Sweet Love Patisserie.  Just a series of five minute episodes about a girl attending a super expensive, high-class confectionery school on scholarship. It promises to be one of those cheesy, sappy reverse harem anime, but since the episodes are so short and it has a baking theme I plan on continuing it. It looks kind of cute too...

Last I watched Your Lie in April.  A music anime, which I tend to enjoy.  It's about a piano prodigy who became unable to play after his mother passed away, but than when he meets an eccentric violinist she helps inspire him again.  Pretty cute so I'll probably keep it up.  And just yesterday I was going on about how I don't really like heterosexual romance series usually... oh well...

Like I said, that's all I got to today so... yeah; I plan on watching more tomorrow though so I'll let you know what I decide to keep watching and what I drop.  As for what else I'll talk about tomorrow, I drew "Metaphysical: My Practice" for my topic, so I'll be talking about Paganism and witchcraft tomorrow... Should be a fun time!

Until then
Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment