Monday, October 6, 2014

Plated Dessert Project

Today we finished our plated dessert projects in Cookies, Candies, and Confections.  I made a chocolate financier with vanilla Chantilly, a coconut tuille, and a raspberry caramel sauce.  Which is a fancy/complicated way of saying I made a chocolate, cake-like cookies with whipped cream, a crunchy, coconut cookie, and raspberry caramel.  I had a lot of trouble with this project today; apparently - and I wasn't told this until the end of the day - the tuille I made was a really fragile one.  I originally was trying to shape it into a bowl so I could put my financier inside it, but after four different batches and five plan changes I ended up cutting out little crescents instead.  I think my dessert came out really well though - despite all my difficulties.

Yeah, it looks like I won't be drawing from the list I made tomorrow either...  Season 9 of Supernatural is finally being put up on Netflix and I will be marathon-ing it; so, I'll probably post about that tomorrow...

I promise I'll draw from my list on Wednesday
You can hold me to that.
(Whoever you are)

No comments:

Post a Comment