Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Let's Talk About Rocks

I finally drew from that list that I made!  Yay!  I drew "Metaphysical: Gems," so I'm going to talk about gems...

I carry six gems with me on a regular basis; they are:
In my right pocket - black tourmaline, citrine, and carnelian
In my left pocket - rose quartz, rhodonite, and blue kyanite

Black tourmaline is basically the master of all protectors, but I use it more for it's grounding abilities.  I carry citrine for energy - which goddess knows I need.  Carnelian is great for confidence - something else that I desperately need... Rose quartz is good for self-love, something that I need more of.  Rhodonite helps to understand yourself better and can help keep depression at bay.  Blue kyanite is usually associated with the throat chakra - communication, but it is also good for attracting romantic love - which is why I carry it...

I don't really want to go into anything further yet - it'll give me more to talk about if/when I draw this topic again.  Next time I'll probably pick one of the gems I carry and talk about my experiences with them - and other gems I've carried, but don't keep with me regularly.

Oh, I've also been meaning to talk about the fun stuff my family has been doing for the last couple of day.  We're doing this thing where each night of October we watch a Halloween-esque movie - or a couple - and make dinner/some treats that are themed to the movie.

The first night we did it, we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and made "Wormswart" soup in "brain" bowls - which was split-pea soup in bread bowls, "Bone-Daddy" bread sticks - bread sticks shaped like bones, "Pumpkin King" parfaits - pumpkin mousse layered with whipped cream and pecan granola, and two drinks, for the adults "Deadly Nightshades" - vodka, blueberry/cranberry juice, and ginger ale, and for the kids "Oggy Boggies" - apple/white cranberry juice, sprite, and some gummy worms.

The second day we had a whole day worth we had a Mummy movie marathon - and then we watched Bedazzled at the end.  For lunch that day we had Mummies - pigs in a blanket, but you cut the dough into thinner strips so it looks like wrappings, pita chips and hummus, and olives - Egyptian themed.  Then for dinner we had Chinese food - because the third movie is set in China.  Our drink was a "Malabou sunset" inspired by the "sensitive guy" scene in Bedazzled.

Third night was The Addams Family.  I made homemade Girl Scout cookies - Samoa's - and we had lemon-aid - inspired by the  lemon-aid stand scene. For dinner we had spinach and mushroom crepes - inspired by the fact that Mortisha and Gomez speak French to each other.

Last night we watched a couple Halloween Pixar shorts and made "Ogre" floats - sprite and lime sherbert - or "Mud" floats - rootbeer floats.  Most of the shorts were Shrek related hence the drinks.

Today we watched The Haunted Mansion and I made "fritters" - fried choux pastry rolled in cinnamon-suger, jumbalia, corn bread muffins, and mint julips.

I'll keep you posted on the fun things we do each day for that too.  I think we plan on watching Casper tomorrow.  I'm also going to draw my topic for tomorrow now or else I run the chance of forgetting to do it tomorrow so, my theme for tomorrow is... Anime, that'll be SUPER hard - notice my sarcasm (the hard part will be picking the anime).

Talk to you tomorrow.
Have fun everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment