Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Slight Change Of Plans

Today is supposed to be the day that I post up all the pictures I took this week and tell you about any fun things that happened, but I'm too tired to go through my pictures right now; so, I'll post that stuff up tomorrow along with some fanfiction.

Instead I'm going to talk about my day.  Originally I was supposed to work until four today, but five minutes after getting to work my manager came up to me and apparently she had sent me a text - that I didn't get because I'm bad at keeping my phone around - not to come in because we were over on hours.  Normally this would have been annoying, but it was actually really nice because then I got to spend the day with my family instead.  After my mom picked me back up from work we hit the house again so she could finish getting ready for the day and we could pick up Sean and Skye.  We than went downtown to "Nostalgia Days," which is basically a car show; I'm not really into cars, but it was fun anyway (I'll post some pictures from that up when I'm on tomorrow).  After the car show we headed down to San Francisco.  We had been planning on going today anyway right after I got off work, but since I got off so early we decided to head down sooner.  When we got there we picked up some taffy and hung out at the pier before having dinner and then heading to, what we had originally been planning to go to and what I had been waiting for for about a month, Blue Exorcist the movie.  The premier of the English dub was being shown in one of the theaters there and it was awesome.  I took my little brother and sister - while my mom went and saw a different movie - and they loved it.

I thought the movie was really good.  I loved the new characters - Usamaro is freaking adorable - and I thought that the story was pretty good.  I loved getting more flashbacks of when Rin and Yukio were little - they are just as cute if not more - and I loved being able to see Shiro again - even if only in flashback (I love Shiro; I really wish he had been in the anime/manga more...).  I thought the movie had a good message and it almost made me cry a little so it had to have something going right if it was enough to make me feel such emotions.



It was also really fun seeing the movie in theaters with other fans as opposed to the way I usually see anime movies, which is just finding them online and watching them on my computer.  It was fun to see how all the other fans reacted to certain scenes and laughing together with everyone else.  There were also a few cosplayers there - only two - so that was fun as well.  I had actually seen the Japanese version of the movie already (I saw it when I went to AX earlier this year) and it was nice to see how things were translated; I also really like the English cast they have for the series and am so pleased with how much English voice acting in anime has improved in what I swear is like one or two years; I swear not that long ago I used to hate dubs, but I think things have definitely gotten better.

Alright, so I kind of went off topic there a bit.  All in all, I had a lot of fun today.  Again, I'll be posting pictures from the week tomorrow.

16 down, 15 to go.
We're past the halfway point.
Look forward to pictures and fanfiction tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment