Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Durarara

Today is Wednesday and; therefor, my anime day.  I said that I was going to talk about an anime that I watched recently and try not to talk about old ones, but I haven't really been watching anything new; I have however, been watching Durarara with my little siblings so yeah... I'll be talking about that today.

Durarara is one of my top four favorite anime; I really enjoy it.  My first experience with Durarara actually wasn't that great though.  When I first tried to watch it, I was watching it in Japanese, but I have a slight reading disability, meaning my reading comprehension isn't as great as I wish it was, and Durarara is a very complicated anime; so, the combination basically made it so I couldn't understand anything that was going on.  So, the first time I watched it, I only made it through the first two or three episodes before I just gave up on it.  It wasn't until about six moths later that I went to Anime Expo and there Durarara was pretty popular and my roommate convinced me that I should really give it another try.  I heeded his advice, and when I got home I looked up the English version online and gave it another try, and boy was I glad that I did because after that I feel in love with it.  It's such a strange and complex anime that it just kind of drags you in and makes you need to know what's going on, who's behind everything, will everything turn out alright?  After watching it the first time it quickly became the anime that I have watched all the way through the most times.  I don't consider it my favorite anime, but I do consider it one of them and I believe the reason that I've watched it so many times (about five, or maybe even more...) is because I feel like I need to watch it over and over again to really appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm trying to be really vague about things because I don't want to give anything away, but yeah...  Also, if I hadn't previously talked about the pairings I enjoy from this anime, I would be going over those here, but seeing as I have...  In the future - when I'm talking about anime that I haven't already gone over pairings for - I will talk about those here too.

Well, I think that's all I really have to say for now.  I would give a short summery of what Durarara is about, but I'm already really bad at explaining things like that and combine that with Durarara being such a complicated anime you get me not knowing what to say at all, so...  I hope anyone who's reading this, and hasn't yet, gives Durarara a try.

7 down, 24 to go.
I have no idea what to talk about tomorrow.
(Hey, that rhymes)

No comments:

Post a Comment