Monday, August 12, 2013

Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning And A Small Rant

So last night the premier of the English dub of the Tiger and Bunny movie, Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning, showed on Neon Alley, which is a 24 hour anime channel through Funimation and Viz Media that you can watch on your PS3, Xbox 360, or computer.  I had really been looking forward to this movie coming out and so had my little brother and sister - they watched the English dub of the show with me as it aired on Neon Alley - and we were so disappointed.  Now, it wasn't because the movie was bad, I had already seen the movie in Japanese so I knew I liked it and I wasn't upset with the English voice acting either.  What upset me was how many times the video messed up; I can't tell you how many times a scene would play and then ten seconds into it, it would jump back and replay the scene.  There were also at least four times when the scene would skip at least 15 seconds of the movie.  I know that things can't really be helped sometimes, but they had been promoting this movie so you think they would have done things to make sure that these things wouldn't happen; I'm sure that I am not the only one that was upset be this.  I was also upset to later find - when I went to try and send an email or something to tell Neon Alley about my experience - that they don't have any contact information on their website.  All together I think they need to get things together a little better because this is not the first time I've had these issues with their channel.

Anyway, sorry about the rant, I was just pretty upset.  I really do enjoy the Tiger and Bunny movie usually though.  I know some people are iffy about it because the first half of the movie is very similar to the first few episodes of the anime, but there are some bits that give us more in depth looks at the characters.  There is this one scene specifically that is in the movie, but not the anime; it's a scene where Kotetsu has a flashback montage about Tomoe and it makes my heart melt a little bit every time I see it.  I'm a huge Barnaby/Kotetsu fan, but the relationship that Kotetsu had with Tomoe just seems so sweet and I know that she was and always will be a big part of who he is and I just love him so much.  Anyway, enough ranting, I think the movie is good and if you like Tiger and Bunny you should watch it.

Well, there you go for today.
I know I said that I won't be starting my weekly baking until September, but maybe I'll try to make something tomorrow.

11 down, 20 to go.
Maybe I'll make a trifle tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment