Friday, August 16, 2013

Now I'm In A Webcomic Mood

So, I'm currently watching a livestream counting down the last three hours of a kickstarter for the webcomic Mahou Shounen Fight, which is a series I absolutely love; I own all of the chapters so far and have pledged a good deal to this kickstarter to support them.  So, I want to talk about webcomics now.

Obviously I enjoy Mahou Shounen Fight!
It's a really good, warmhearted series.  The creators describe it as a "magical girl comic with boys."  It's lovely and silly and wonderful and people should read it.

Another series that I absolutely adore is The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal.  It's a series about a man named Amal who comes out to his conservative parents, gets disinherited, gets drunk, and wakes up to find TJ - a blond guy with dreads - cooking in his kitchen.  The two then go on a road trip across the country to Amal's sisters graduation.  Love this series!  It has some mature moments unlike the before mentioned comic so be warned about that, but the mature moments are small and easy to skip over if you don't want those.  Read this, it updates on Tuesdays...  It's good; I consider it to be my favorite web comic.



Yes, all the webcomics I read are slash, yaoi, BL, m/m, whatever you want to call them.  Don't be surprised: I'm pretty sure I've warned you that most of the stuff I enjoy has to either by yaoi or have enough slash able characters to keep me satisfied.

Another webcomic I enjoy is Grayscale:
Mainly I'm just going to talk about the webcomics that I have actually bought printed versions of, so yeah...  I like Grayscale; it's set in a world where there are people that can transform into dragons and phoenixes (is that the proper plural...?) and they don't like each other... I'm bad at explaining things...  It's a good series too.

The last webcomic that I actually own a printed version of is Teahouse.  It's the most mature out of the webcomics that I own.  Hence the 18+ only in the corner there...  This series is good too.  You should read everything that I tell you to with out me giving a good explanation of what it is because I'm just that awesome...  Sorry, I'm just not very good at explaining things.  If you like yaoi and you like webcomics, you should give these guys a try.  Also if anyone actually reads this and has read any of these series please talk to me about it (especially TJ and Amal - that's my fave).


So, not much else to say about that; I'll probably talk about other webcomics that I enjoy later - the ones that I don't own, but we'll see about that.  Anyway, I think it is time for me to go.

15 down, 16 to go.
Tomorrow is, tell-you-about-my-week day; so, see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment