Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Day In The Kitchen

So, as I'm sure so can tell by the title of this post, today was the first day that I got to work in the kitchen in my culinary class.  It was so awesome!  Our assignment for today was to make a sweet tart, we're supposed to have it done by the end of class tomorrow, but I already got mine done.  I made an almond tart.
I was pretty pleased about how it came out.  There are a few things wrong with it; one thing wrong is that the chef didn't tell us that there were two types of tart pans, shallow and deep, and we weren't supposed to use the deep ones... Well, I accidentally grabbed a deep one.  I also got a little shrinkage; if you can see around the edges, it's kind of uneven, that's because the dough kind of pulled in on itself while it was baking.

All together I'm happy with how it came out though.  I am; however, going to make another one tomorrow and hopefully have the chef assess that one instead.  Now that I know how to avoid the mistakes I made I can fix them and make a better tart; I'll make sure to take a picture of that tomorrow too.

So, it looks like this is becoming more of a food blog than an anime blog, but, don't worry, I'll find a way to get more anime in here yet.

21 posts down, 10 to go.
I've gotten pretty good at keeping this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment