Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday Run-Down

So, I know that I didn't blog yesterday; I tried really hard, I was in the middle of writing my post, but then I had to leave and I didn't get back until way late (very early this morning).  I'm going to be okay with it this first time.  It just means that instead of my goal being finished on August 31st, it will be finished on September 1st; I just won't give myself credit for yesterday since I don't deserve it.  Next time this happens though (unless I have a really good excuse, like I'm sick or something) my punishment will be my month of blogging starting over from day one.  Anyway, on to the rest of this post.

I said that on Saturdays I am going to post the pictures that I took over the week and talk a little about them.

Sunday August 4th:
               
On Sunday I took a picture of my babies, which I know I put a lot of pictures up of already, but oh well, have some more; they are just way too cute.  That's also the day I took pictures of how the blanket I am knitting is coming along; I've done more now, but I'll post an update picture of that later.

Monday August 5th:
          
On Monday I went out into my backyard and took some pictures of the flowers that grow back there along with our big tree and a flock of geese that flew by; I was especially excited about the geese because I was just about to walk back inside when I heard them flying over head and I was able to turn my camera back on and snap a picture just before they were out of sight again.

Tuesday August 6th: 
Went back to my backyard again; I didn't take all that many pictures out there that day because I was already taking a bunch of pictures of all the stuff we cooked and baked that day.

Wednesday August 7th:

                    
Wednesday I received a package of Asian sweets that I had ordered and among them was a moon cake, which is traditionally eaten during the moon festival in China, but I just really wanted to try one.  I thought the cake was extremely beautiful and the little tin box it came in was pretty too; unfortunately, I wasn't all that found of the taste, but it was a fun experience.  We also made Irish Soda Bread to go along with dinner that night and for dessert I made rock cakes, which are basically just like scones, but a little more moist and easier to make.

Thursday August 8th:
                 
My favorite of the flowers that grow in my backyard are the pink ones so on Thursday I was back out there taking more pictures of them.  I think they are really pretty; I just wish that they weren't starting to wilt...

Friday August 9th:
Unfortunately I also didn't manage to take a picture this day either, unlike missing blogging I shouldn't have had any excuse for not taking at least one picture; it only takes a few seconds... Well, all I can do is keep up the picture taking

Saturday August 10th:
On Friday I finally put the bed that my mom had ordered for me together - I wasn't able to take a picture of it until today though, so that's why it's in the Saturday section.  For the longest time my mattress has just been lying on the floor and it's been causing me back problems so it was nice to finally get this made.  It took me three hours to build, but I did it.  I really like it too, because - as I'm sure you can see - it has a small bookshelf at the headboard and it also has some drawers underneath.  So, I have more storage now, which I have been needing.

Not much else to say, my week was pretty uneventful - as they usually are.  Hopefully I'll have some more interesting stuff to talk about next week.

9 down, 22 to go.
I am going to keep up with this blog no matter how many days I accidentally miss here and there.
I really want to keep this up.
Hope I entertain someone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment