Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tiger & Bunny

Anime day has come upon on once again.  And today the topic is going to be one of my favorite anime of all times; Tiger & Bunny.  Tiger & Bunny is about a group of super humans called, NEXT.  NEXT are humans that are born with a genetic mutation that causes them to have some form of super power.  The main characters, Kotetsu (Wild Tiger) and Barnaby Brooks Jr., both have "hundred power," which boosts their physical abilities 100 times, but it only lasts 5 minutes.  This anime is very similar to a lot of western super hero comics, but (I'm not really a big fan of most super heroes) I really enjoy it despite that.

If you're looking for an anime to show someone that you want to help get into anime this is a very good one for them to try.  Like I said it has a lot of western ideas and it is very easy to follow.  I have two brother, both of which say that they hate anime (both to different degrees).  One of them will refuse to watch any anime and the other will consent if I seriously recommend it, because he knows that if I seriously recommend one to him he usually ends up liking them (he's watched and enjoyed; Death Note, Samurai Champloo, and Bleach all thanks to my recommendations).  So, I convinced Jason (the one who will watch anime if I seriously say he should) to watch Tiger & Bunny and he did enjoy it; this anime is so good though that Tad (the one who won't watch anime) actually ended up watching it with us and reluctantly admits that he enjoys it as well.  So, yes, even non-anime fans enjoy this anime.

13 down, 18 to go
Moral of the story... Watch Tiger & Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment