Wednesday, August 21, 2013

TMoHS And A Slight Change Of Schedule

The anime I am going to talk about today is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS):
TMoHS was, not long ago, my favorite anime, but sadly it was recently replaced by Tiger & Bunny.  I still absolutely adore this series and consider it to be my second favorite series though.  Since I'm horrible at explaining things I am going to copy and paste the plot description that Wikipedia gives:


"The story follows the narrator and male protagonist Kyon, a cynical and incredulous student entering high school, who is dragged along by the title character and female protagonist Haruhi Suzumiya (who is Kyon's classmate). She is an eccentric girl seeking supernatural phenomena and figures wush as aliens, time travelers, and espers. She establishes with Kyon's reluctant help, a club to investigate mysterious events called the SOS Brigade, Haruhi later recruits three additional members: the laconic bibliophile Yuki Nagato, the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, and the friendly transfer student Itsuki Koizumi. These members soon reveal themselves to Kyon as the extraordinary characters Haruhi, who is unaware of her own destructive reality warping power, is seeking. The three additional members have been sent by their various organizations to observe Haruhi and prevent these powers from being unleashed, leaving to Kyon the task of maintaining for Haruhi the illusion of a normal life."


Usually I'm not the biggest fan of Sci-Fi, but I love this series, mostly because the Sci-Fi isn't at the front and foremost of the series, instead it's more about the comedy and romance.  One reason that I really love this series is the characters.  Although this series is no longer at the very top of my favorite anime list, Kyon still holds the title of my number one favorite anime character.  I also really like Itsuki, of course, and I'm a huge fan or Ryoko Asakura - despite her attempts to kill Kyon.

I already told you that my favorite pairing is Itsuki/Kyon, but I also slightly enjoy - and have written a tiny short story for - Ryoko/Yuki (inspired by the movie more than anything).

I also needed to talk about a slight change of my weekly schedule that is going to happen.  I started another one of my culinary classes today and realized that I am going to be doing a LOT of baking during them, meaning, instead of having my baking day be on Tuesdays, I am going to have three baking days and those will be Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  I'll be making sure to take lots of pictures during my classes (since I'm aloud to) and I'll post them here on those days.  I am also going to be moving my anime day to Tuesday starting next week to make it easier on myself.

Hope no one minds that change.

20 down, 11 to go.
Tomorrow I should be making a tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment