Saturday, August 24, 2013

Missed A Day... Sorry

So, yeah, I didn't make a post yesterday... I didn't get home until 10 and then I kind of forgot; I was very upset with myself when I realized it this morning.  Nothing I can do about it now though.  I'm still not going to make myself start over because I have only missed two days and I think I can be okay with that.  It does mean that my goal won't actually be reached until September 2nd now though, but I am going to keep this up!

Today is Saturday, meaning it is time to post pictures and talk about my week.  Is everyone ready?  Then here we go.

Sunday August 18th:
I couldn't think of anything to take a picture of that day so I just took a picture of some of my lucky cats.  I actually have six of them altogether, but they're not all in the same place so I just took a picture of these ones. I'm actually slightly obsessed with lucky cats; every time I see one I want to buy them, but most of the time I am able to resist.  These guys were pretty cheap fortunately.

Monday August 19th:
Monday was my first day taking classes at the Santa Rosa Junior College Culinary Center so I figured I would take a picture of the view from the second story of the center.  This is my third year attending the school (only the first at this campus though).  I think it's really great that I'm going to be able to get my AA without having to transfer or anything because there's no way that I'd ever be able to afford to go to culinary school.  Thanks to SRJC I'm able to work towards my dream degree.

Tuesday August 20th:

    
If you remember, I made rainbow cookies on Tuesday, but I really liked how the come out so I decided to put up another picture.  It was also a blue moon on Tuesday and so I decided to take a picture of the moon as well.  It's really hard to take a picture of the moon though, so I apologize for the glare... I'm bad at taking pictures...

Wednesday August 21st:
                 
I couldn't think of anything to take a picture of yet again, so, I opted for the cookies that my mom was making that evening.  The ones on the left turned into rainbows and the ones on the right eventually got rainbow mains and became unicorns.  I thought that they were pretty cute.  And now no one has to wonder where my interest in baking/pastry came form...

Thursday August 22nd:
I know that I posted this picture already, but I only took one picture on Thursday, so, you get to look at this one again.  We finally cut into this one this morning and it was so delicious, I'm really glad that I decided to make this one.  I would have eaten the whole thing by myself, but fortunately my family and friends ate most of it and I was only able to get two pieces, otherwise I would have hated myself.

Friday August 23rd:
              
On Friday I made a lemon curd tart and raspberry sandwich cookies.  The tart was for assessment, that's why there's a pieces missing.  I ended up getting a 16/20, which is a B-; I think I'm okay with that.  It was my first assignment of the class and all, so, I think I did pretty well.  After I finished my tart I decided to make some cookies that the teacher had demonstrated a few days before and that's what you see there.  I really love raspberry so that's one of the reasons that I decided to make them too.  They were really easy too because I just made them out of the leftover tart dough.

Saturday August 24th:
I actually got this new phone on Thursday, but I didn't take a picture of it until today, so, yeah.  I got a new phone.  I'm not necessarily excited about it though.  The only reasons I got a new phone were, one, I kind of lost my old one somewhere... and, 2, I've been needing a new phone; my old one sucked, it was a 7 year old Go-phone, so it was time to upgrade.

Altogether this week was pretty nice.  I am really loving my Intro to Baking and Pastry class, so, that's nice.  I can't wait to get in the kitchen and make more stuff next week.  Look forward to lots of pictures of food.

22 posts down, 9 to go.
Hopefully I won't miss any more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment