Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rainbows And Cookies

Baking day happened.  I had to make some cookie dough for my mom because she had a bunch of cookie orders to do tonight and since today is the day I'm supposed to blog about baking I decided to make an extra batch of dough and cut out some fun cookies for my little siblings.

So, here is how I made some rainbow cookies.

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In mixing bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy.  Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Add flour, baking powder, and salt then mix until large crumbs form.  Add milk one tablespoon at a time until dough comes off edges of bowl and sticks together.  Form into a disk.
Split dough into six balls.  Poke a hole in each one with your finger and squirt a few drops of food coloring into each one, yellow, orange, red, blue, green, and purple.  Cover up the whole and then roll the dough in your hands until the color is well mixed through the dough.
Squish the different colors back together and roll out to about 1/4 inch.
Take cookie cutter of your choice and cut out cookies, placing them on a cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart.  Put  in oven and cook for 11 minutes.
Allow to cool for a few moments before moving to a wire rack and cooling further.  When completely cooled they can be moved to a plate.
Eat and enjoy.

These cookies are pretty fun to make and really easy.  My little brother and sister love them too.  I don't know if when I actually start my baking days that I'll be doing a step by step thing like this, but we'll see.  Hope you like the recipe.

19 posts down, 12 to go.
Anime day tomorrow, I'll probably be talking about an old favorite...

No comments:

Post a Comment